- Clean Beauty,
cook / prep 1 hr 30 mins
Just like we believe that what we put in our bodies is important, the same goes for what goes ON our bodies. And since getting pregnant, I’ve been extra careful about what skincare and beauty products I’ve been using. But whether you’re pregnant or not, why make harmful chemicals a part of your daily beauty regimen?? Your skin is your biggest organ and although it does a fantastic job of acting as our body’s first line of armor, still much of what we put on our skin can get absorbed through its multiple layers and enter into our bloodstream. Today, we have many more options for green and clean beauty products. Here are some of our favorite non-toxic and cruelty-free products that will make you feel beautiful but not at the expense of your health or the environment.
1. Kate Mcleod Moisturizing Body Stone: This is a full-body moisturizer that is in the shape of stone (think almost like a bar of soap) that melts with contact with your skin. We love the way it makes our skin feel and that this product is handmade, free of chemicals, vegan, cruelty-free and dermatologist tested. Plus it is based out of Brooklyn and female-founded, just like Daily Bloom.
2. David’s Toothpaste: This toothpaste is vegan, cruelty-free, all-natural and sustainably made. Plus, it is a natural toothpaste that actually leaves your mouth feeling clean and fresh.
3. RMS Makeup Remover Wipes: We honestly love all of RMS’s products. But we will tackle our favorite non-toxic makeup in another post. RMS’s makeup remover wipes are made with coconut oil and can remover stubborn eye makeup easily and without chemicals and drying out your skin. They are great to travel with too because they come in individually wrapped packs
4. 10over10 Nail Polish: This nail polish is free of the 8 harmful chemicals found in most polishes making it non-toxic good for you nail care. It also is vegan, cruelty-free and comes in so many gorgeous colors you won’t be missing your regular polish.
5. 10over10 Nail Polish Remover: We love 10 over 10’s nail polish remover not only because it’s formaldehyde free and conveniently in individual packets, but it also includes a cleanser made with rose oil in addition to the remover.
6. Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant: Using essential oils and natural ingredients, without aluminum and parabens, this is a natural deodorant that won’t make you miss your conventional one.
7. True Botanicals Shampoo and Conditioner: This cruelty-free and non-toxic haircare is made without parabens and leaves our hair feeling clean without harshly stripping its natural oils. It also leaves our hair silky smooth and non-frizzy but without feeling weighed down or lifeless.